we can help couples formalise their agreed arrangements after separating.
Do you and your partner agree on how you want to resolve your parenting and/or financial arrangements and want to formalise your agreement cost-effectively and efficiently?
Some couples only require assistance to formalise how they are going to resolve their financial and parenting arrangements. While we believe it’s very important to formalise any agreements you have reached, rather than incurring unnecessary expense of two lawyers, we can assist you through a process so that your agreement can then be filed with the Family Court.
An Accredited Specialist in Family Law and Mediator, will guide you through the process, assisting with the necessary exchange of information to assist you to reach a final agreement. Independent legal advice will not be provided to either of you, but if required we can refer both partners to a panel of like-minded family law solicitors, should independent legal advice be required to resolve the issues.
- Usually, both parties will not have formally engaged lawyers.
- We assist you to exchange relevant financial information, obtain valuations and confirm the property pool available for division.
- A joint session or, if required multiple joint sessions are held to reach mediated agreement.
- Draft terms are prepared on the basis of the mediated agreement.
- Each party will have the option of deciding if they require legal advice or if they file the terms of consent on their own behalf.
The simplest and most cost-effective way for us to help you plan the best way forward for your family is for you to meet with one of our solicitors. Only by meeting with you and discussing this in detail, can we recommend the right plan for you and your family.